- 40 hours per week
- 390-HDU RECRUITMENT EVENT
- Southend Univeristy Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Dependent on expereince
- 18/10/2017 23:59
Here at Southend University Hospital we strive to provide high quality care for every patient, every time.
We would be nothing without our staff. So it goes without saying that when it comes to recruiting new team members, we're looking for the best. We encourage staff to be innovative, to challenge the "as is" and to always put patients first.
We want staff who will live our trust values every day.
Care with compassion, Working together, Professional and accountable
Are you ready for an exciting new challenge?
A fantastic opportunity has arisen with a number of medical and non-medical vacancies within our critical care unit as we are expanding critical care with a new high dependency unit at Southend Hospital, which will allow successful applicants to work across two units.
The critical care unit is currently a 10 bedded unit catering for level 2 and level 3 patients from all across the hospital. The proposed HDU will be developed to have 8 beds caring for medical and surgical patients.
Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Mid Essex Hospital NHS Trust, Trust and Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, have teamed together to deliver a programme to sustain service and improve care.
We have made a real commitment to work together and already have in place a joint executive team to drive forward our ambitious plan to reconfigure and redesign our services and pathways across our hospitals and in the community.
Across mid and south Essex we care for a diverse population in cities, towns, and even by the sea. We want to ensure we meet the local needs of our combined 1.2million population and build on our established regional specialist centres of excellence.
Our combined size means we can offer a wide range of jobs and opportunities at any one of our sites and we recognise our quest for excellence can only be achieved by developing staff at all levels to fulfil their potential.
We are passionate about doing a good job and proving quality care for the community we serve, both today and in the future.
Why not join us on Wednesday 18th October 17 from 3pm -6pm for our HDU Recruitment Event at Southend Hospital. For overseas doctors and nurses you will be able to join in a Skype presentation from 15:30 – 16:30 GMT.
Why apply Southend?
1. High-fidelity Medical Simulation Suite: In January this year the Directorate inaugurated a purpose built high-fidelity in house Medical Simulation Centre. The Simulation Centre delivers courses aimed to improve patient safety by improving the management of acute and life-threatening events. The courses are directed by highly qualified and expert medical educators in the field.
2. Expansion of Critical Care : The Critical Care Unit is in the process of expanding with the opening of an additional 8 level two beds. The new Unit is expected to open in March 2017, however work is already under way. The Unit will be equipped with state of the art facilities to provide level 2 care for medical and surgical patients.
3. New Hybrid Vascular Theatre: The construction of our new Hybrid Theatre is expected to be completed in September 2016, this will be a new dedicated vascular theatre which will provide state of the art facilities to support current vascular work including open abdominal surgery, endovascular procedures, acute thrombectomies, carotid surgery amongst other vascular procedures.
4. Medical Education: The Directorate is committed to supporting Medical Education and professional development. Has strong links with Anglia Ruskin University and participates actively delivering an academic curriculum
For more details on these vacancies and the recruitment event please contact
For doctors Danielle Fowles 01702 435555 Ext 5591 or email Danielle.email@example.com
For nurses Kim Daley 01702 435555 Ext 8027 Kim.Daley@southend.nhs.uk
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).